Friday, January 18, 2013

Anatomy of an Unfunny Troll


"Let's attack people's political views and call it "Art" and chuckle smugly how anyone who doesn't share my opinions is dumb. That should get my GPA up for sure!"



    In today's shocking news: Pretentious liberal college art students believe they are deeply profound, culturally superior and much smarter than everyone else. Like every generation before them, newly emboldened with daddy's car keys and a credit card loaded with student debt, a slew of bright eyed young dreamers venture forth to remake the world in their image. Unfortunately, not everyone has the benefit of their great wisdom and needs to be shocked into awareness with something so cleverly self-evident that even those ignorant slobs who work in factories, shipyards and mines can understand. In a nation where people demand the right to own the evil death machines they call "guns" homicide should be an easy sell. So purely in the interest of high art, a dream is born. 

The cunning plot emerges.


So, now is where I introduce myself. I'm just some guy on the internet. While browsing one of the world's most popular websites, Reddit, I stumble across a photo of one flyers being distributed by the Project Free America "staff", and having seen television in last twenty years I am struck by just how pathetic and lame of a joke this is. Sensing a political agenda like a fart in an elevator, I quickly come across the blog screen-capped above. You see, the internet is a series of tubes and this magic gnome on my desk called Google (you might have heard of it) excels in scurrying through them to find things relevant to my search query. So, I mail the link to a couple friends and post to the PFA Facebook page a sarcastic comment. Soon I am engaged with one of  her "Friends" she has enlisted. O.K., I'll bite. I enjoy lulz  as much as the next guy and I hoped that one of her "Friends" might be more entertaining. Sadly, I was wrong. (I put the word "friends" in quotes because I am of the belief that anyone as profoundly unfunny as this mastermind is probably so smugly self-superior that even the neighborhood dog doesn't wish to be associated with her unless a pork chop is involved.)

Facebook: The final frontier


Conclusion:



No comments:

Post a Comment